The end of an era

Discussion in 'News' started by ShadowMoses, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ShadowMoses

Staff Member

Thinking Man has made the decision to shut its doors on all Counter-Strike: Source servers. We will no longer be hosting CSS:Gungame or CSS:Rotation. We have been hosting these servers for over 10 years now and have decided to move on. We have seen our share of extreme highs and lows throughout the years and have made some good friends along the way.

With that said, it is time for Thinking Man to let go of dead weight and move forward. We are going to be putting our full effort into Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO).

Throughout the next month and a half I will be configuring the new web and game servers and preparing to ship our dedicated server home. Our dedicated server will be reconfigured and placed in a server rack at my work. At that point all of Thinking Man's web services will be transfer there. Keep in mind this is going to take a little bit as I will be configuring 2 rented servers, one for we and one for the CSGO servers. I am also currently building advanced Computer Science curriculum for two classes Advanced Reverse Engineering and Exploit Development. This has been taking up quite a bit of my time as of late. Once those are built I will be teaching them. I will be free for some time in between teaching these classes and the next round. That is when the bulk of the work is going to be done on the servers.

We are also looking at opening some new servers that Thinking Man has not traditionally ran before. I will not spoil the surprise for now as there is a lot of stuff that has to happen before that.

In the meantime, I hope to see you all on our CSGO servers. The addresses are listed below.
    CSGO:GunGame - gogg.thinking-man.com
    CSGO:Rotation - go.thinking-man.com

Happy gaming Thinking Man and Goodbye Counter-Strike: Source

kRosStHrEaDz likes this.
  2. Digit

Staff Member

Thank you for the update

3. kRosStHrEaDz

kRosStHrEaDz Member

Full Steam Ahead!